2 Tbsp olive oil
¾ C Shallots, sliced
3 Tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
6 cloves garlic, halved
2 Tsp sea salt
3 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, cubed
1 – 32oz Chicken broth
¾ C Coconut Milk
Juice from 1 lime
½ C fresh, chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add squash, salt and broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until squash is softened. About 25 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the soup until creamy.
- Mix in coconut milk and lime,
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro