In order to better serve you, the Patient Acceptance Policy should be carefully reviewed so you understand our expectations and clinical procedures. To prevent any misunderstandings or confusion on what to expect, please read the following steps and provide your initials on each page, as well as, your signature at the end.
1. Completion of the following forms:
- Patient Acceptance Policy
- General Patient Information
- Health History and Goals Review Questions
- Functional Diagnostic Questionnaire
- Dietary Evaluation
- Past Medical History
- Family Medical History
- Symptom Assessment Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Credit Card Authorization
- All required signatures on documents
It is VERY important for you to carefully and thoroughly complete all of these forms and questionnaires.
2. Prior to scheduling an appointment, obtain medical records from all your physicians since you were first diagnosed with your health condition. The cost of reviewing this information is included in the initial consultation fee of $495. Medical Records received after the initial consultation will be reviewed at a rate of $396 per hour of review time.
3. Once we have your completed questionnaires, forms, and copies of all your medical records, a 45-minute appointment will be scheduled to review your case. Dr. Flannery will conduct a thorough history and case assessment at the time of your scheduled appointment. The cost for this appointment, as well as, Dr. Flannery’s time for reviewing your medical questionnaire, medical records, and written medical history is $495. Any lab work provided to our office less than 7 days prior to your initial consultation is billed at an additional review fee of $398 per hour. A cancellation fee of $295 is charged if you cancel your initial consultation appointment with less than 48-hours notice.
4. Additional medical laboratory tests may be ordered based on your condition and you will be presented with detailed information on why the specific tests are recommended. The cost of your initial laboratory tests will be discussed at that time and is different for every patient. It is not possible for Dr. Flannery to determine what tests he would recommend until he reviews your intake forms, medical records, and meets with you to get a better understanding of your health history.
5. Based on the review of all your medical information, it may be necessary to obtain a comprehensive blood chemistry test at the conclusion of your initial consultation. The blood chemistry test may include:
Comprehensive Executive Metabolic Panel: this includes 24 important disease markers such as Glucose, Hemoglobin A1c (Blood Sugar), SGOT, SGPT, GGT, LDH, Bilirubin (Liver), BUN, Creatinine, Phosphorus, Uric Acid (Kidney), Alkaline Phosphatase (Bone), and others
Cardiovascular Panel: Cholesterol, Triglycerides, LDL, VLDL, HDL, Cholesterol/HDL Ratio, LDL/HDL Ratio, C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP), Homocysteine, and Fibrinogen
Expanded Thyroid Panel: TSH, Total T4, Total T3, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, T3 uptake, and FTI
CBC with differential: White Blood Cells and Red Blood Cells, Platelets
Vitamin D, Magnesium, Methylmalonic Acid, Soluble Transferrin Receptor, C-peptide, and more
Specialty Tests: Food Sensitivity, Intestinal Permeability, Autoimmune Markers, Viral Panel, Mold Toxins, Lyme Panel, Stool Infections, Digestive Function, Saliva Markers, Hormones, Advanced Blood Sugar Evaluation Markers, etc.
6. The results of your lab tests may take approximately 3 to 6 weeks depending on the tests ordered. An appointment to review your lab results takes approximately 1½ to 2 hours, or longer, depending on the complexity of your case. You will be presented with a written report detailing the results of your tests, the possible causes of your health problems, and Dr. Flannery’s recommendations. Your cooperation in taking “personal responsibility” for your health care will be vital for treatment success. It is suggested that you have your spouse, a supportive family member, or other supportive loved one attend this appointment to help you on your health journey.
7. Your treatment may consist of dietary and lifestyle changes as well as prescribed Natural Pharmaceuticals. Unopened product returns will be accepted if returned within 14 days of purchase. There are no returns on refrigerated supplements. HealthWise ships supplements locally, regionally in the US, and internationally. HealthWise is not responsible for a package once it has been shipped. It is the responsibility of the patient to add insurance to the package if desired. International patients are responsible for investigating laws, regulations, and restrictions regarding the import of supplements. It is highly advisable that international patients check the individual ingredients of the supplements with their customs office. HeathWise is not responsible for international shipments once the package leaves our office.
9. Correspondence by e-mail is free for basic questions and communication. Please keep emails short and to the point. Keep in mind that Dr. Flannery receives hundreds of emails per day and frequently lectures around the country. Due to this, his responses are often delayed by several days or more. Should you need an immediate response, please call the office at (805) 205-9050. Emails that require a lengthy or detailed answer will be referred to an appointment with Dr. Flannery instead.
10. Follow-up consultations are scheduled approximately every 3 to 12 weeks so you can discuss your progress and any concerns with Dr. Flannery. At these times, Dr. Flannery will determine what direction to take to help you progress. At the onset of new supplements, Dr. Flannery may want to schedule a consultation to check in with you after one week to make sure you are doing OK with the new supplements. Consultations can be conducted either by phone, Skype or in-person at the office. The fee for follow-up consultations is $396 per hour billed in 5-minute increments with a 15-minute minimum (i.e. 1 to 15 minutes is $99, 16 to 20 minutes is $132, 26 to 30 minutes is $198).
11. Follow-up testing may be necessary for some abnormal laboratory markers to be re-evaluated in order to monitor progress. Laboratory fees can vary depending on what needs to be re-tested. The success of your treatment will not only be measured by the reduction or elimination of your physical symptoms but also on abnormal laboratory tests returning to a normal status.
For example: Many physicians will prescribe Lipitor for individuals suffering from high cholesterol and will require periodic cholesterol blood tests to monitor the activity of the medication.
12. Dr. Flannery communicates general information regarding his practice, such as practice fees, office closures, etc., through his monthly newsletter. We do our best to add every new patient to our newsletter mailing list. If you do not receive Dr. Flannery’s newsletter, it is highly recommended that you sign up for this newsletter at www.DrFlannery.com or call the office and we can add you to the newsletter list.
13. Although rates are quoted in this Patient Acceptance Policy, Dr. Flannery’s rates are subject to change from time to time. Rates may change without notice, however, Dr. Flannery generally announces rate changes several months in advance in his monthly newsletter. It is most common that Dr. Flannery’s hourly rate increase occurs at or near the first of the year. The best way to make sure you are notified of rate changes is to be on Dr. Flannery’s newsletter mailing list. Changes to these policies are also posted on our website at the following location: https://drflannery.com/patient-acceptance-policy-and-practice-procedures/
14. Payment is made at the time services are rendered and tests are ordered. Payments can be made via cash, check and/or credit card. We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express. A valid credit card must remain on file at all times.
15. These terms are subject to change from time to time without notice. Our policies and procedures are posted on our website at https://drflannery.com/patient-acceptance-policy-and-practice-procedures/. Please visit this page for updates and changes. By signing this Agreement you are stating that you understand that these policies and procedures can change without notice and that you are subject to the current policies and procedures posted on our website at https://drflannery.com/patient-acceptance-policy-and-practice-procedures/.