Did you know?
- 32% of those surveyed who had AD/HD dropped out of high school.
- A child who has AD/HD is more like to grow into an adult who has AD/HD having a greater probability of getting fired from their job, having a marriage end in divorce and/or end up in jail at least once.
- 1 in 88 children are now diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- A disruption in brain synchronization contributes to autism by destroying the coherence of brain rhythms and slowing processing speed.
- Researchers now think that autism stems from faulty connections within the brain rather than impairment to a single area.
Does your child struggle with social, academic, or behavioral issues?
Brain Balance of Encino uses an integrated approach to help children in kindergarten through high school to improve focus and academic performance, and enhance communication and social interaction skills. Brain Balance does not rely on drugs, medical procedures, or psychotherapy.
Brain Balance is a comprehensive, individualized program that integrates phsyical and cognitive exercises with dietary change to correct fundamental imbalances between the hemispheres of the brain.The program integrates sensory and motor activities with educational and behavioral methods, and offers nutritional programs.
Brain Balance is designed for children who have been labeled with or exhibit signs of neurological disorders, including:
- Learning disabilities
- Behavioral problems
- Processing disorders
- and other neuro-developmental delays
We now know these conditions are related, falling under what is referred to as Functional Disconnection Syndrome.
Is the Brain Balance program difficult?
No, but it requires commitment from both parent and child as it involves lifestyle and dietary changes, as well as home exercises.
About Brain Balance
The Brain Balance program was developed by Dr. Robert Melillo, a researcher, clinician, lecturer and author of the books Disconnected Kids and Reconnected Kids. He is an expert in the areas of neurology, rehabilitation, neuropsychology, and neurobehavioral disorders in children.
Dr. Flannery practices in the Brain Balance Center of Encino along with several other practitioners. For more information, please visit the Brain Balance Center home page.