2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp Vera’s Curry Powder
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
4 cups chopped sweet potato
Coarse sea salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add Vera’s Curry powder cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, apple, sweet potato, and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil; cover partially and reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree until smooth in a blender. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Vera’s Yellow Curry Powder
Curry Powder is a generic term for a blend of different spices and is typically made with Red Pepper to give it some heat. On the Intestinal Repair Diet, we want to avoid the nightshade family: tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, chili peppers, eggplant and tobacco. This recipe is full of fragrant flavor without the pepper. Keep in airtight container to use in soups, stews and anywhere it says “Seasonings” if desired.
2 Tbsp Coriander
2 Tbsp Cumin
2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp powdered Ginger
½ tsp Tumeric
½ tsp ground Cardamom
¼ tsp ground Clove
¼ tsp Cinnamon
Mix all ingredients well and store in airtight container.